Genuine replacement Morso Squirrel Side Firebrick. These bricks are a refractory material. This means they are designed to retain the heat within the stove whilst protecting the outer castings. Sold individually. Fire cement not generally required. Once current stock depleted, brick will be changed to a smoother composition without the stamped codes. This is still a genuine Morso product.
Morso Squirrel Side Brick Dimensions Approx 255mm (10″) width x (255mm (10″)
This Squirrel side brick also suits the Morso Swift, 1410 and 1430 models
How to fit a Morso Squirrel Side Firebrick
- Remove firebricks, baffle and log guard.
- Clean firebox, ensuring all debris removed.
- Insert Rear firebrick and one side brick
- Next fit the throat plate.
- Whilst holding the throat plate, with other hand slide remaining side brick into place.
- Lower throat plate and re-instate the log guard.
How to fit Squirrel side brick in a boiler model
Where a boiler has been fitted, the following instructions apply. This is much more involved and may require the services of a suitably trained engineer.
- Remove old side firebricks and clean fire bed.
- Disconnect flue.
- Remove top casting of the stove by undoing nuts/bolts.
- Slide side firebricks in from the top.
- Replace top casting and reconnect flue.
- Ensure all related seals are sound.
Find out more about throat plates and baffles here in our stove maintenance guide.